7/9/09

Don’t Let Your Partner Bring Their Shimano Curado 200 E7 Fishing Reel

As a serious fisherman, one of my true pleasures is fishing from my boat.  I'm the captain of my ship.  I decide where we're going to fish, for how long, and most importantly, I get first shot at all the choice fishing cover.  Every fisherman that sits up front usually tries to give their partner in the back access to some fresh water.

Let's face it, you drove, you shelled out the $40,000 for a top of the line bass boat.  You are darn right; I'm casting first at that log lying majestically in the water.  That log is calling me.  I know, the log knows, and even the bass knows he's about to be mine.

I've eyed up my target.  I'm just about ready to launch the perfect cast just past my target when all of the sudden….I hear the blades of a spinnerbait come within an inch of my ear from the back of the boat.  I turn around to look and my partner has just launched a cast almost straight down the length of my boat and right to my picture perfect log.

If you ever watched the television show, Ultimate Match Fishing, you know that cast deserves a penalty just like on the show.  However, we're out fun fishing.  No penalties can be assessed, just utter disbelief.

Now once I've cooled down and forced to take a picture of his lunker, that should have been mine, I started trying to figure out how he cast a so far.  He's 20 feet behind me and I thought I had him out of range.  Then it hit me.  I looked at his reel.  It was this shiny new greenish Shimano Curado 200 E7.  I'm using the Shimano Curado 100D, a very fine reel, however, I was out gunned.

After the day was over, I started researching this new edition from Shimano.  The Curado 200 E7 has a much larger spool allowing more line capacity.  Also, the Shimano Curado 200 E7 has a 7:1 retrieve ratio.  My Curado 100D only has a 6.3:1.  My partner was casting farther and reeling in his casts faster, hence, getting in many more casts than me.

As captain of my ship I have a new policy in place.  No Shimano Curado 200 E7 reels allowed…except for the eight of them I now own!

Paul Duran has been fishing for over 30 years. His experience with fishing and fishing equipment has helped people catch more and larger fish. If you would like to find the best fishing gear on the market today, go to http://www.fishingreels4less.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment